Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Mr Illac Diaz Invites me and My Class to Join AliterofLight.org (Isang Litrong Liwanag Org)Movement

"Innovation is creating value from existing resources." Innovation is the tool of entrepreneurship.

Mr. Illac Diaz, a social entrepreneur, a multi awarded young entrepreneurship leader in the Philippines, invited me and my students, to join the crusade to promote his innovation when I emailed him that I blogged his recent activities when he was featured in "Kabuhayang Swak na Swak (KSS) One of the things featured was his cheap source of lighting:: solar powered one liter of softdrinks bottle. All that that is needed are: empty plastic softdrinks PET bottle, some salt, l'x1' roofing sheets, 3 teaspoons of chlorine, rubber sealant.  The project targets some 3 million Filipinos who are still without electricity. For those with electricity, the devise saves considereable amount of electricity for the household

http://isanglitrongliwanag.org/

Unfortunately for me, I dont have entrep class for this term.  Maybe next time.

I understand his invention works only in daytime as this is solar powered.  Complementary to this is the Nokera (Nokerosene - an invention by Dr. Manuel Serapio's student in Denver Colorado) The device targets the same need of people who do not have electricity and use kerosene lamps for their light source at night.

The device costs $l5.00@ and bought by governments and organization for donation to poor communities.





 Nokero


 Illac Diaz and Isang Litrong Liwanag

"ENTREPRENEURSHIP IS CREATING SOMETHING FROM PRACTICALLY NOTHING"

0 comments: