Thursday, May 23, 2013

NU 12- New Spending Habits/ Routine by Highlander


NU 12- New Spending Habits/ Routine by Highlander

Be Kind to Yourself.

I am a woman who hates to shop! Yes, that's right. I was brought up by frugal parents, not to mention my Scottish heritage. So we pretty much don't let anything go to waste.

My Spending Habits:

  • I wear dresses that I've had for the past 5 years
  • I wear hand-me-downs
  • When I shop, I have a specific item in mind to buy. Once I purchase it I get out of the mall.
  • My bed is old which I've been using since I was 5 years old. It doesn't help my back, since I have already had spine surgery done.
  • I used to drive a second hand car, I purchased from my father's estate.

I've pretty been frugal with myself. My husband has told me time and again that I deserved better.
Finally, when I turned 40 I rewarded myself for my hard work and giving myself my due. I realized I should treat myself better. So, I went out and bought my dream car as a 40 year old present to myself. I also bought an orthopaedic bed for my back, my comfort & better sleep.

I have not been ostentatious. My spending habits are very practical. I buy what I need. And I buy quality. I buy "Value for Money". But what is new? I give better value to myself, and buy what I need and the same time being kind and rewarding myself.  3

0 comments: