Wednesday, September 28, 2011

NU 6 by CTG, Serendipity Walk

Serendipity Walk
by: R090205

Ever since before, I was fascinated by the fact that many food kiosks have been successful food business. Anyone who wishes to venture into food business with small capital to invest, food kiosk is the one suited for this requirement compared to putting up a restaurant which needed higher capital thus exposing to a higher risk. Many of these food kiosks are usually located at high volume traffic of people like supermarkets, movie houses, bus and LRT/MRT stations and malls. As I observed, many of these food kiosks are innovated street foods before such as fish balls, popcorn, cotton candy, taho, siomai and even green mango/singkamas with bagoong which is a very recent concept.

I remember these foods when I was still young in which these were being sold only by vendors roaming house to house. I was motivated to wonder of other concepts that are not yet offered in the market. So as I roam around a certain mall, I thought of the following ideas for a food concept:

1.      Makisushi Rolls Pinoy Version

Japanese food inspired suited for Filipino taste with different varieties of Filipino dishes such as adobo presented in makisushi rolls.

2.      PutoPao

Puto inspired by siopao presented in well-presented packaging with different flavors.

3.      Bananaque and Kamoteque

The ordinary bananaque and kamoteque that are not on sticks instead will be offered as finger foods.  These will be sliced on bite size.

4.      Ice Buko and Ice Candy with various flavors

The well-known ice buko and ice candy are no longer be found nowadays. These products should be relaunched and repackaged in such a way that these can attract new market especially kids nowadays who are not familiar with these and at the same time those people who used to patronize these products before. 

3 comments:

jorge saguinsin said...

Maybe you can think more of business opportunities? Thanks.

CTG said...

Sir if I may, the food concepts I have enlisted are business opportunities that I thought that need to be ventured into and waiting to be made in reality. I even planned and very much interested to pursue either of the four, given the opportunity to create its respective business plan. Let me know if I'm correct with my understanding. Thanks!

jorge saguinsin said...

3.0 Ok. I was encouraging you to raise the bar.