Saturday, April 13, 2013

The New Ranger Wildtrak at 200 HP 470 nM and 6 speed Manual Transmission - awesome!

Ateneo Innovation and Entrepreneurship "New ideas create more and better new products and services; create more wealth."

April 13, 2013   Rizal PHL

The latest wildest 4x4 in town, from Malaya

I was in Calapan yesterday and I visited the supplier of filling materials in one of the project site.  And I happened  to note that being a contractor, he too like me likes 4x4 and outdoor and his favorite was the Strada 4x4.  I told him I used CJ, Defender, and TLC

And he said that he had made a reservation for a Wildtrak Ranger 4x4  at Ford Edsa.  He told me of the feature (well I read before) that the 3.2 model spews out 200 horses, 470 nM of Torque and sips travels 9.6 km to a liter (when new at at below 2000 rpM?) and has 6 speed transmission.  Wow.

I told him that the picks up now like Isuzu Dimax, Navarra, Hi Lux, are big are impressive like the SUV behemoths and which are very very powerful.   A 4.6 Hse range rover a V8 is only good for 180 horses, and most of the pick ups mentioned even the 4x2 variants are at over 170 lbs and consumes a fraction of the gasoline gulping RR. 

And this a 200 hp monster pick up;  you might as well be riding a BMW  with a 3 liter engine or an MB and at only mere P1.5 million.  I must be dreaming.....

So he is a businessman and he sees a good value for his money.   6 spd transmission and 2-0-0 horses...

0 comments: