Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Nu6 What Pisses me off at the Mall

NU 6 PAPER – WHAT PISSES ME OFF AT THE MALL
ENTREPRENEURSHIP by Mr. Jorge Saguinsin
4th NU6 Submission
Submitted by R110083
October 30, 2011
By and large, going to the mall ought to be a pleasant experience;  one that would always entice me to keep going back. Unfortunately, lately, something has annoyed me in the malling experience as to make me think twice of going unless necessary so. 
The one thing that I find annoying lately is the noise.  The pervasive pollution created by in-house music, coupled with noise from establishments particularly from amusement centers and restaurants is too much as to prevent me from thinking clearly.  The atmosphere within the department store has gotten so noisy as to suggest an ambiance of being in the marketplace. This makes me rush to accomplish the errand I was there for and have me head for the exit at the soonest possible time.
What this means for the mall management, I hope they realize, is diminished customer traffic because of reduced customer contact and therefore results to lower revenue.
What may I suggest to address this concern:
To the extent that I can control my circumstance, here are MY COURSES OF ACTION:
·      Delegate the errand to another so as to avoid the unpleasantness altogether.
·      Arrange meetings and socialization away from the mall scene.
·      Choose malls which have considerably addressed this concern and have kept the noise level to a tolerable minimum.
COURSES OF ACTION FOR THE MALL MANAGEMENT:
·      Provide specific areas where comfortable silence may be enjoyed… quiet pleasant shopping experience may be provided.  Designate these areas with signs that clearly suggest customers may enjoy more quiet and peace. Background Music may be supplied but a decidedly lower volume and with emphasis on background and not overwhelm conversation.
·      Seek and install noise reduction technology… employ Green architectural designs that will eliminate noise pollution.
·      Offer head or ear gear of some sort for free or rent for those who want to protect their ears from the assault that comes with certain areas of the mall.
By addressing these concern, mall management will gain favor with customers like myself and I am not in the minority.  They will be able to increase revenue and customer loyalty from customers who have the power to impact their bottomline.
3

0 comments: