Friday, December 9, 2011

NU6 by IV, LPC Reg

The Ateneo MBA Advantage


Goodbye Lower Back Pain!
And hello to my NEW DAILY ROUTINE!


I really had hard time sleeping because of my lower back pain. I tried to change my mattress, change my ordinary queen-size pillow into what others call "magic pillow", I tried all sleeping positions, took vitamins and pain relievers but those were not  effective.

I went to see the doctor, did several tests and x-rays but nothing was seen.

The doctor asked my daily routine. I had it written down like this:

                7:00AM-8:00AM              The typical morning rituals: Take a bath, eat breakfast, brush teeth
                8:00AM-12:00PM           My shift in our business 1
                12:00PM-1:00PM           Lunch break
                1:00PM-2:00PM              I play with my son
                2:00PM-5:00PM              My shift in our business 2
                5:00PM-8:00PM              My shift in our business 1 (closing daily sales)
                8:00PM-9:00PM              Dinner
                9:00PM-10:30PM           The typical evening rituals, Several Paperwork
                10:30PM                             Time to sleep 
                 
This routine is for weekends. I have a lot more things to do during weekdays. The doctor noticed something and told me he knew what the problem is.
I just lacked exercise! Whew! At least it was nothing worse.

The doctor gave me instructions on exercises to ease my lower back pain. The purpose of this exercise is to improve the flexibility and strength of my trunk musculatures essential for my low back care. I had to do it in a slow pace, at least one a day, every day.

I started my new daily routine last month. I wake up 6:00 in the morning, do the exercises the doctor prescribed me and everything changed! I never felt the back pain anymore and it made me feel healthier than before- making me more efficient and effective in everything I do.

I thank God that this realization is not too late for me. I still have the chance to improve and have a healthier lifestyle and most especially, I still have the chance to remind everyone of the importance of exercise in our lives.
Exercise is important to keep both our body and mind "in shape". Here are some of the basic benefits that people can look forward to, when embarking upon a lifetime fitness outlook that includes some form of exercise:

Increased Energy

By working out on a regular basis, your body becomes more efficient at burning calories. This gives you more energy throughout the day.

Increased Metabolism

Increased physical activity through working out leads to more muscle mass, which in itself leads to a higher metabolism. As per some studies, every extra pound of muscle allows you to burn anywhere from 50-100 calories when at rest.

Improved Muscle Tone

Physical activity, especially weight training allows you to change the shape of your body. Since muscle is denser than fat, one can get bigger or smaller by gaining more muscle mass.

Better Health

Increased exercising leads to a strengthening of the immune system; which means that one is less likely to get sick when exercising the right amount. On the other hand, over exercising can weaken your immune system and make you sick.

Stress Reduction

Stress levels are reduced extensively by regular work outs. They allow the individual to take their mind off the daily grind and use pent up energies for productive purposes.

Improved Self-Esteem

When following an exercise regimen for a regular basis, you bring about greater self esteem through the results and accomplishment achieved. (http://www.fitnessguru.org/exercise/)
Suggestion:
Have a careful look on your daily routine. I hope you don't forget to spare time in taking good care of your body and mind through exercise. I once forgot about this and really, I regret it! 3.5

0 comments: