Saturday, December 3, 2011

NU6 by TTL, New Me LPC Regis

THE NEW ME
By: Teodorico T. Lasin

The latest World Health Organization (WHO) projections indicate that at least one in three of the world's adult population is overweight and almost one in 10 is obese. Being overweight or obese can have a serious impact on health. Carrying extra fat leads to serious health consequences such as cardiovascular disease (mainly heart disease and stroke), type 2 diabetes, musculoskeletal disorders like osteoarthritis, and some cancers (endometrial, breast and colon). These conditions cause premature death and substantial disability.
My Body Mass Index (BMI) last October 31, 2011 was 26.4 kg/m2 (calculated by dividing my weight, 85.4 kg with the squared of my height, 1.80 m) and considered as OVERWEIGHT based on the standard weight status categories associated with BMI ranges for adults shown in the following table.
BMI
Weight Status
Below 18.5
Underweight
18.5 – 24.9
Normal
25.0 – 29.9
Overweight
30.0 and above
Obese
Given the above scenario, starting October 31, I have decided to change my lifestyle by doing the following:

Ø  Exercise every morning and afternoon
·         Treadmill/Stationary biking for 30 minutes
·         250 Sit-ups
Ø  Low-carbohydrate / high-protein diet
Ø  Active lifestyle (Using the stairs instead of elevator, frequent walking, etc.)                       
Ø  Daily weight monitoring 
After a month of religiously implementing the above activities, my BMI as of December 2 is 24.8 kg/m2 (equivalent to 4.9 kg weight loss). Based on the progress of my weight loss program, I am expecting to meet my target BMI of 24.3 kg/m2 (still 1.7 kg to lose) by December 13, 2011.

This is just the beginning of my journey towards having a healthy, active and happy life. I am sure I can meet and maintain my target goal by having self-discipline, right attitude and focus on this program.

The greatest wealth is health. 4

0 comments: