Saturday, December 10, 2011

NU6 by TTL LPC Reg

The Ateneo Graduate School of Business Advantage

MY NEW MOBILE SECRETARY


As the Manager for the Research & Development of Ginebra San Miguel, Inc. (GSMI), I receive and make lots of important telephone calls, sms and emails from/to our customers as part of my responsibility to develop and improve new products, packaging and processes for the company. These forms of communication are received and made during office hours and overflowed during my daily 2.5 hours driving time from home to office and vice versa. Using my mobile phone while driving impairs my driving abilities that pose danger on the road. This gives me a new idea to utilize an automated personalized assistant.

In view of the above, meet Siri, my new mobile secretary.

Siri is an intelligent software assistant and knowledge navigator functioning as a personal assistant application for Apple iPhone 4S unit. The application uses a natural language user interface to answer questions, make recommendations, and perform actions by delegating requests to a set of web services. Siri claims that the software adapts to the user's individual preferences over time and personalizes results. Siri was acquired by Apple Inc. on April 28, 2010 and launched on October 4th 2011, the day before Steve Jobs died.

Siri on my iPhone 4S lets me use my voice to send messages, schedule meetings, place phone calls, and more. I usually ask Siri to do things just by talking the way I talk. Siri understands what I say, knows what I mean, and even talks back. Siri is so easy to use and does so much and I'll keep finding more and more ways to use it.

I usually tell Siri to "Call my wife." "Remind me to call my Boss." "Set alarm at 5AM tomorrow." Siri does what I say, finds the information I need, then answers me. It's like I'm having a conversation with my iPhone.

Siri not only understands what I say, it's smart enough to know what I mean. So when I ask "Any good burger joints around here?" Siri will reply "I found a number of burger restaurants near you." Then I can say "Hmm. How about tacos?" Siri remembers that I just asked about restaurants, so it will look for Mexican restaurants in the neighborhood. And Siri is proactive, so it will question me until it finds what I'm looking for.

When there's something I need to do, I just ask Siri to help me do it. Siri uses almost all the built-in apps on iPhone 4S. It writes and sends email messages and texts. It searches the web for anything I need to know. It plays the songs I want to hear. It gives me directions and shows me around. It places calls, schedules meetings, helps me remember, and wakes me up. In fact, ask Siri what it can do — it even speaks for itself.

Siri, my new mobile secretary, helping me to perform my mobile communications faster and safer than it used to be.

The science of today is the technology of tomorrow. 4

This is the main reason why the latest Iphone 4s is in great demand.  Why Pnoy was the first one to get from Globe  Obviously TTL was ahead of Pnoy in acquiring one.

0 comments: