Saturday, January 14, 2012

NU6 (Idea #7)

HAPPY WIFE, HAPPY LIFE
By: TTL

A happy wife is a happy life.  This is an old saying and research indicates that this is true.

My wife and I will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary this April 2012. Suffice it to say, we're a happy couple and I'm a happy married man to one and only woman.

When two people find each other in this world, it's a miracle – the miracle of coming together.  My wife is from Bulacan and I'm from Batangas.  Love knows no distance and boundaries when you finally found the "ONE".

Before we got married, I said to my wife: "Love is not just feelings and emotions.  It's a decision and I have to stand by that decision no matter what." Some people say that people stay in love because of chemistry, or because of luck or they remained intrigued with each other. But a very big part of it is the COMMITMENT to love. 
Commitment means you're allocating your time and energy for the marriage to work.  It's not just about getting the family together or having a successful career but the foundation of being a good and responsible parents in the marriage. And how to have a good family? That is for the husbands and wives to love each other – that is the BEDROCK of a family.
When we exchange "I DO" before the eyes of God, it is not just a phrase but a lifetime promise to be true to the words.
I DO love you even if…
I DO love you no matter what….
I DO love you in spite of….
And I still DO even if things change.

There are things that I still have TO DO that will make my wife happier. Beset with several activities and concerns at the office; as a middle manager and holder of a key position in the company, my mind is always pre occupied with lots of stuffs that most often I bring also at home. This creates my work-life imbalance that sometimes triggers a little misunderstanding in our relationship.

My wife fully understands that we have our own individual selves to attend to.  Not to mention our two kids who needs our full attention.  But sometimes our "we" time had been sacrificed for some more important things to do.  And beginning this year, I'll be focusing more on our "we" time.

Starting this year, no matter how busy we may be, our "we" time should always be given priority and be included in our schedule.  It doesn't necessarily mean that we will spend so much.  Just a simple dinner, out of town trips, watching movies or a long drive done regularly will truly mean a lot. What matters most is spending time alone with each other, rekindling romance over and over again and knowing the feeling that we have each other and our connection as one is always there.

As a married man for nearly 10 years, I've learned that women want emotional, physical, intellectual and spiritual connection with their husbands. If they feel emotionally close to us, our days will be easier. To have a happy relationship we have to make a big effort. A good relationship is a work in progress. We can't ignore our wives and expect them to be happy. Learn what makes them happy, then give that to them.
Women tend to give more in a relationship than men. Women are ready to appreciate the gentleness that comes from the strength of a real man.  The secret every man should know is that if we give to our wives in a loving way that shows appreciation, we will receive LOVE TEN FOLD.  To create a solid foundation based in love, we must demonstrate our good intentions with loving ACTION.
Both husbands and wives have a lot to do to keep the marriage happy. Not only do husbands need to keep the emotional connection strong, we also have to be good providers.  If women's security and happiness partly come from having their own permanent nest, for men it's the sense of being responsible and useful.  That includes having a stable source of income and able to provide the financial requirements of the family. Take away this responsibility from us, and you'll strip us of our sense of confidence to lead as husband and father.
Making our woman happy is not a very hard thing to do.  Having more TIME, spending more TIME, giving more TIME will help a lot in making them happy. Not to mention showing our love and concern constantly, our faithfulness and maintaining our 100% trust and respect for each other. That happiness will make our lives easier and pleasant.   Our woman will be on our side even at the lowest point of our lives.  They'll continue to believe in us and uplift our spirit. They'll continue to love us no matter what.
I am blessed having my wife in my life. I always thank God for giving me my woman and I'll continue to make my woman happier for the rest of our lives.

A happy wife makes a happy life?  I believe so because there is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship than a happy and a good marriage blessed with a happy wife.

 "A marriage is a journey of two hearts, don't get too caught up with the stresses that comes within; after all, a marriage that lasts is built through times, tested by storms but still intact, for there is that bond that keeps you together, that  is called love."

0 comments: