Monday, October 22, 2012

NU 12 by AGM- free parking at AGSB


ANALIZA G. MENDOZA
NU 12
WHAT PISSES YOU AT AGSB?
On my very first day here in Ateneo, I was surprised that I was asked to pay Php 45 parking fee. Not that the amount bothers me but the very thought that since I am a student here, I was thinking that parking is free. Tuition fee here is expensive already and parking should be the student's consolation.
Every year we change car sticker and that means every year we have to get an application form in order to be given a sticker. I suggest that upon submission of the form, we pay a certain amount like Php 300 for the whole semester. This entitles the student of a two free parking every week. Instead of hiring an attendant that is added cost because of the salary, why not invest in an automated gate, which will detect the number of entries in a week. This may be a big investment for a start but in the long run will cost cheaper that paying the salary of the attendant.
As students, I think free parking should be a privilege rather than a business. Powerplant and all its surrounding areas charge the same rate as what Ateneo does with its students. I would have understood if visitors are asked to pay but students? Alright if not free at least a discount would do. 3







0 comments: