Thursday, September 6, 2012

NU 12 #5 by Catherine Chua - Sun Glass with Grade


Catherine Chua
NU 12 #5
Fashionable Grade Sunglass
I started wearing eyeglass when I was in 3rd year high school. I was 13 years old by then. By that time the grade of my eyeglass was just 75 and 100. Now am 27 years old, the grade of my eyeglass is 350 and 375. I am an outgoing person. My friends and I are into extreme adventure. We like to experience trekking, rappelling, diving, etc. Since the grade of my eyeglass is so high, I have a hard time to do all our adventure, because I take off my eyeglass, and I can't see any small things or a person. Aside from this I have a hard time to see anything when I wear my sunglass. Since the grade of my eyes are 350 and 375, when I wear my eyeglass I cannot see anything. It's a blurred world for me.

When I buy sunglass I ask if there is an eyeglass that has a grade on it. All the stores answered "none". I suggest that manufacturers of sunglass make a sunglass with grade. To help persons who wear eyeglass manufacturer can also offer sunglass with grade. Currently if your wear eyeglass and wanted to wear a sunglass, the only possible way are wear a contact lens first then sunglass or wear a transition eyeglass. I ask stores the reason why manufacturer cannot put a grade on a sunglass, they said that it is because they cannot put grades on a curve lens. But putting grades on a sunglass is possible, because I saw a swimming goggles that has a grade on it. The sunglass with a grade should be only be personalize sunglass or by request of customers. The advantages of having a grade sunglass are: (1) I can see more clearly, I don't have to put a contact lens first before I wear my sunglass. (2) I don't have be dizzy wearing a transition eyeglass. Transition eyeglass changes when sun reflects on your lens, from clear eyeglass it becomes dark or tinted eyeglass. (3) Grade sunglass are more fashionable than transition eyeglass. 3

0 comments: