Saturday, August 11, 2012

My comments on the social media

Ateneo Innovation and Entrepreneurship

I tried to evaluate the various social media that I have been tinkering with.  Here are my comments superficial though and limited by my experience.

Facebook  -  is one large community of links.  It is highly disorganized and touches  on everything. What it does best is to drive traffic to website.  It is a site for gossips, easy to use fun.  You can be understood if you try to have one post one idea.  Pictures will work fine.

Tweeter -  I am surprised by its ability to transmit and forward large amounts of information across the web.  I think those who tweet are more erudite, and tweet is a more disciplined community than facebook user.  But facebook does a better job of generating traffic.  Tweeter does not work if you have followers.

Blogs -  are better than websites.  Are dynamic web sites and content can be changed  daily or even several times a day.  When you talk about content, you talk about blogs.  But blogs need to be also one idea per post.  It is best to post with one idea and picture to be read. You will be read to have short post and have links.  You will not be read if you have long articles.

In my experience, social media has been that effective in generating leads and sales.  Salesman still works and the traditional media will still deliver results for the next couple of years.


 "New ideas create more and better new products and services; create more wealth."

0 comments: