Saturday, August 4, 2012

New Learning as a blogger

Ateneo Innovation and Entrepreneurship "New ideas create more and better new products and services; create more wealth."
 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiOsqVpoMDghLlV0D5eJYnOZffYjDEn9w3DQEM5cOYt6lrSm-luxoTBVZ1H1okrdGyvHwEWweJG7-V8tt8fmLS7tUj6NAYraqame9pfnLhfNZGsOnrd6OSZ3eZ6Gu7Xe9FUAIfhSIB40ho/s640/deluxe-templates.png


This week grew more adept in improving the blog;  I think I would qualify as a webmaster.  My advantage is I know the content creation.

This week, I learned how to do the following:

l.  Download the deluxe template.   Oh they look beautiful.  From the web, we saw thousands of free template.  We tried a number but I think the deluxe templates are in the beta stage and many of their templates need correction:

       l.  some of the template we tried dumped the labels in the featured post space;

       2.  the nav bar disappeared.

       3.  when you change the headers,  a large white space appear below and we had to bang our heads on how to solve this.

2.  We selected only the business and another  two for use because they had no errors.

3.  We (and I did the research) on how to restore the nav bar.  We had to delete some HMTL script

4.  I figured a way to use the slider at the featured post.  I tried Picasa and discovered how much work for movie maker, making collages is made easier.

5.  I figured  a way how to use Picasa better, make folders and albums.

That was a great learnin g time for me.  I bet some day, if I figure our my way with at least CMS of wordpress, and HMTL Javascript, I would learn be a true webmaster.

I am forcing two IT graduates working with me to show me what they know...

                                         



                                                

0 comments: