Tuesday, August 7, 2012

NU12 1 by Lei Pichay -just one ID card for all bank transactions

Hi Sir,

Please see below my NU12 #1.

Thanks.

NU12 # 1 by Lei Pichay
What pisses you off in your office? What do you think must be done?
I used to work for a bank for five years.  One of the things that pissed me off when I worked with them was that employees have to swipe their ids at the ground floor and then when you reach the floor that you are assigned to, you have to manually register your time-in and time-out in the log-sheet of the guard. I don't see the use of having a manual log-in and electronic log-in.  First, there may be discrepancy at the times registered at the ground floor and the time you logged in at the floor you're assigned to.  Also, it's a waste of time and paper to manually register or indicate your attendance at a log-sheet.   

Another thing that I don't really like was that we have too many cards, an ATM card for our salaries to be credited and we are given two credit cards since all employees are required to have all their products and patronize them.  I sometimes leave my ATM at the house but never my company ID.   I don't really like having so many cards to think about including my school id and company id to think about.

I suggest for the company to have a new ID system, a company ID and ATM/Debit card in one.  Incorporating the ATM in the company would make sure that come payday, ATM is on hand and salary may be withdrawn anytime.  The employee doesn't have to have too many cards to think about.  A barcode in the ID will be for the attendance of the employee and a magnetic strip at the back will be for ATM and debit transactions.  With this type of ID card, fraud transactions may be prevented for debit transactions, because the picture in the ID would verify if it is the true cardholder.  Also, the new ID system would not require the employees to manually register per floor.  With just one swipe of the new ID upon entrance at the ground floor of the building, the time and attendance will be automatically updated in the floor/department the employee is assigned to.  4

0 comments: