Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Be Crazy and Foolish

The Ateneo Graduate School of Business Advantage

 As I took the plane to BKK last Tuesday, I happenned to browse through the Mabuhay Magazine in the plane.  The editor took the advice of Steve Jobs, now deceased, in a graduation speech he delivered to Stanford Grads way back in 2005, where said, " be crazy and foolish"  otherwise things become mundane and ordinary.

The editor said that travelling keeps you foolish and crazy.

I guess that happens to anyone who has sleepless nights:  waking up early for the trip from the house to the airport,  standing up to the challenge of the airport security, body search, waiting for forever for delayed flights, bearing with the child behind you who kicks your butt and you cant shout,  the malodorous toilets, the lousy airline food,  and hmmmm the smelly foreigners who do not take a bath and who eat spicy food always, the immigration and custom inspectors.  And what is the idea about you forbidden to bring bottled water to the departure area.  I get crazy thinking about that.  And your belt and watches being x rayed.  The shoes yes.  But the belt.  They should x ray my false teeth and dentures instead.  Hahaha.

But really you get new ideas when you travelled.  So far, I have made nearly 30 blogposts from my recent travel.  I must be foolish or crazy

"New ideas create more and better new products and services; create more wealth."

0 comments: