Tuesday, December 11, 2012

NU12 #11 Catering to Asian Shoes by Marty Dagdag

NU 12 #11

Topic:New Business Idea
Catering to Asian Shoes 
by Martino Rafael T. Dagdag                                                                 
    SPEntrep S10         


Introduction:
I find it very hard to find rubber and leather shoes that fit right. My shoe size is a size 6.5 Most ready to wear shoes sold at the malls are big for me, I'm lucky if I find a size seven that fits well. But my cousins also share the same problem with me, finding shoes that fit well. Looking at our genealogy, We come from Illongo decent and, like most Filipinos we aren't genetically designed to be tall and big footed. I think we share this trait with our neighboring countries as well. So with this logic in mind, that there is a market for this my new business proposal is to develop shoe sizes that cater to Asian feet.

If you think about it, most ready to wear shoe brands come from the United States and Europe that cater to their races who are generally larger than Asians. We have learned to adapt to their goods or items by buying corks to make the shoe fit.

Application:
Shoe companies will develop their current and future shoe designs to include  size 5 and  6 shoes that would fit Asian men and size 3 and 4 that would fit Asian women without fitting in corks.

Benefits:
Making smaller shoe sizes will:
1. Increase sales into the 'smaller feet' market. 
2. Brand loyalty.
3. Develop better customer care.
4. "Made for all" or "developed for Asians" can be market positioning.4




0 comments: