Thursday, July 12, 2012

John Ng NU12 ideas number 10, 11, 12 & 13 out of 12

John Ng's last NU12

NU 12 ideas 10/12 (School Room rental)
Too often, private schools like Ateneo and La Salle have regular school hours from 7am till 9pm. But what happens from 9pm till 6am? There is a dead time. Sometimes classes are from 7am to 5pm, so there is more dead time. What I mean from dead time is classrooms are left unused for another half-day.
My proposal is to maximize the classrooms usage. With this I think the school could increase revenue. The classrooms can be used as a tutor/lecture room, some creative training room, office gatherings, seminars and other office/school related training stuffs.
For example, the AGSB schools' have majority of their MBA classroom during weekdays from 6pm to 9pm only, while on Saturday whole day. We can maximize it by renting weekdays from the morning till 5pm or even the Sundays at the nearby offices in Rockwell.
The rate can be rented by per hour basis by professionals or students. Since not all sleeps at a proper time, maybe we could divert classrooms into something that helps learning more interactive.  4

NU 12 ideas 11/12 (Locker rentals)
Every time I jog around in the UP campus or other jogging places, I always carry a towel and a drink. But when I run, it is very much of a hassle to carry them around you. It distracts you and might even cause injuries.
My suggestion to jogging places is to put rental locker rooms & comfort room in areas. With this, we can now leave our belongings without worrying and having the convenience of bringing enough kikay kits. The key should be number locked keys, so there wouldn't be any problems about holding keys while running.
Of course, the fee should be a per hour rate basis. The ROI will be less than a year, since there would be only a little operating expense. This can also be done in areas near the beach. It should also be near security guard to be protected.  3

NU 12 ideas 12/12 (Home made solar panel)
In my engineering days, I learned that darker objects absorb more heat, while lighter objects deflect more heat. When you wear color black under the sun you would notice that it is much hotter compared to lighter shirt you wear.
Since this is the case, I propose a solar powered heater shower. Now how do we do that? Let's paint a steel pipes with black paint that would directly go to the shower. On the outlet, water temperature can be controlled on the faucet. You can regulate the flow of the solar heated water and the water that came from our water provider.
With this we can save energy and money since any electrical component that produces heat have a bigger electrical consumption.< this exists John,  however there is a new tech:  dark solar panels as you have noted>  3

NU 12 ideas 13/12 (anti-fog glasses)
To the swimmers, did you notice that our goggles always fog when we are under the water? It is because of the temperature difference that our body emits. The water is cold and our body is warm, with this the goggles produces fog in our goggles that can cause distraction to our swimming.
One time when I have gone to snorkel, one of our tour-guide handed me toothpaste, he said to "banlawan mo goggles mo" using the toothpaste. When I did that, I did notice that my goggles are clear until I get up the water.
I also tried using toothpaste on my windshields of my car during rainy days, and it is really effective. Usually when it rains, you would see droplets of rain stick into the mirror. With this I have a hard time viewing the outside part. But when you "banlaw" it with the toothpaste, the droplets would just fall flat with the pouring water. This would increase our visibility during the rain.
I tried using the Colgate with the red crystal type. Not the flat white ty<Magaling na pang palit sa Rain X?) vg 4





0 comments: