Monday, July 2, 2012

NU12 by Kristine Raval - cable TV on the go

Cable On-The-Go
I have always been a TV person. Most of my waking days at home are spent watching different TV shows – upon waking up, I turn on the TV, and even as I go to sleep, I put the TV on sleep mode so I can go to slumber with the boob tube (as what it was traditionally known as) still on. TV, I believe, is man's greatest invention – and cable TV, is the best service ever. I watch shows from E! News to National Geographic to HBO, to even Deutsche Welle, just as long as it is an entertaining program.
Too bad, I always have to be at work (and at school) more than 14 hours a day for most of the week, so I don't really get to watch cable TV that often anymore. I don't get to watch my favourite TV series anymore, even if I download them from Torrent as I don't have time to sit down and watch. Sure, I hear about and see those portable TVs and even those DVD players with built-in screens, as well as mini notebooks and tablets where you can watch those downloaded and saved files, but the experience is not the same. For me, cable TV has to be live, especially for those breaking and hot news topics. Even TiVo can't do the job.
So how about we upgrade these portable gadgets with screens big enough for us to see a good resolution? Perhaps if Sky Cable, Cignal Cable, or other cable providers expanded their reach to those who are always busy and yet need their daily dose of television programs, then they would be more appreciated for their services.
Let's take a portable TV with the size of an iPad or a mini notebook, for example. Since most of us now rely much on digital devices, then tuning in and changing channels won't be a problem for this portable TV because we can just put any channel number then it would easily be read. It would have a storage capacity of about the same as a regular computer, then it would have a special chip or input device (i.e., SIM card) which has the capability of detecting signals – similar to how a mobile phone works. Once you turn on this portable TV, then you could just easily watch your favourite cable shows anywhere you go. The role of the cable provider here is to offer that special chip or SIM card which would allow the portable TV to access cable signals wherever the user goes. This special chip can even be transferred to other devices which have a compatibility port. Simply put – cable TV at its ultimate convenience. 3


0 comments: