Friday, July 6, 2012

Proxiwoo is Perry Rico's new idea becoming a reality

Ateneo Innovation and Entrepreneurship "New ideas create more and better new products and services; create more wealth."

Teodoro A Rico was a former entrep student and right after finishing entrep subject, he informed me that he, as an apps programmer was working on an in store ads/promo apps.  Last sem, he was asking assistance for funding to expand his business.

Today he informed me that his project is now proxiwoo -  he had a foreign investor, an American, who is helping him gain access to the world and American market.  Just in case I buy his software, I would be his first in the Philippines.  Since I am not an IT, I failed to see the opportunity in his invention.  I foresee that many ads:  billboards, led, tarpaulin would be rendered obsolete by this apps.

I could however, acquire other users if I have the software or license.  However the license fee is stiff for the size of our enterprise.

He said it took him one year to develop the apps and 5 technologies to make the program work.

Some unique features:

l.  Focussed promotions/ads;

2.  Permission marketing;  there is no spam since only those who like can receive the ads;

3.  Tied up with FB;

4.  Tied with mobile phones

5.  Has GPS feature;  shows how far the prospect is from the site;

6.  Is not site limited to the site;  can cover up to l0 km radius.

Wow this is great.

I talked with him at great length, how this would work during interments and all saints day.

So dear entrep students, you too can, with the right passion, make your great ideas become a reality:   your NU 12 into millions.  I think a number of the NU 12 submissions are in that category.

2 comments:

Perry said...

Perry here. Proxiwoo is a product of Virtus Ventures pionered by Matthew Shields in which I am proud to be introduced with.

Perry said...

Perry here. Proxiwoo is a product of Virtus Ventures pionered by Matthew Shields in which I am proud to be introduced with.