Monday, February 25, 2013

New Idea #1 (NU12-2) by anonymous

"CAR BACK HORN"
In driving a manual transmission vehicle, they say that you can be called a real driver once you mastered hanging, backing and parking. The most challenging part here for me was handling a "hanging situation", especially when the car at my back doesn't leave enough space for me to move, just in case my balance with the clutch and gas fails.
This happened to me when I had just learned how to drive. I was about to cross a road, and the road had a small slope. The traffic enforcer signalled me to stop, so I have to press on the brake pads.  When he signalled me to go, I tried mixing the gas and clutch so I could redeem that balance, move forward and not let the engine die. I was in panic mode since the car at my back didn't give me enough space to move. I wasn't able to balance it so my engine died, and my car moved backward. It hit the car at my back, which left some few, minor dents. If I only have a car horn at the back, I could have at least gave a warning signal to that car.
Car back horns would be very helpful in hanging situations. This cannot only be helpful and useful for new drivers but also serves as a safety device. Imagine parking in a busy street, and you need to leave that parking space. When backing, even if you use the car's horn, the people that pass by the back of your car, won't mind or won't notice that you are giving them a warning signal to keep out of your way. You can run over a cat, a dog, or worse, a little kid.
A back car horn should be created by car manufacturers for safety.  It would be even better if we can put lights that can be flashed to tailgaters and those who put their headlights at the brightest level which can totally hurt your eyes, and can also cause accidents.
Another idea is there is a message that you can flash at the back, in a LED light. Examples are the following:
  1. Please move away, car is moving backwards.
  2. Your headlights are too bright
  3. Please keep your distance, "hanging mode".
  4. I can't go faster, speed limit is at 100kph only.
In this way, we can clearly communicate with the cars at the back. <who wrote?>

0 comments: