Monday, February 25, 2013

NU12 - What pisses me off at the School by Piper Princess

WHAT I PISSES ME OFF AT THE SCHOOL

It is very hard to give a negative comment to a school which has been and still is a part of my weekly responsibility. APS to the common Filipino is perceived to be an elitist school. Students normally come from the top schools of the land and usually come from the cream of the crop. However, if one has been immersed in the curriculum, being an elitist is a personal decision.

Another thing that I hate is the tuition fee is quite steep, especially if one comes from an average income family. I only hope that the tuition fee will be more affordable, most especially to all so as to give more opportunities to the average income earner.

I hate Ateneo because it is quite far from our house. At least, I am just obligated to go there once a week. Knowing that traffic is such a common sight, it would have been better if it was closer to my house. Maybe, having school at home via video conferencing/teleconference is very much open.  However, I have classmates living in farther provinces, riding the airplane just to go to Manila. This just shows how dedicated and sincere students are in this progressive school.

TRAFFIC IN EDSA

Honk, honk…… weeee…… screech…… Boooogggg….  Beep beep….. These are sounds that we usually hear along the streets of EDSA. It is such an effort to drive along EDSA most especially during peak hours of traffic and even during rainy days. The buses and taxis moving left and right warrants that drivers be good at defensive driving. I remember in the 70s and early 80s, driving to Makati will take me only 15 minutes from Mandaluyong. Though buses abound, I only see the Love Bus signs along the streets. Traffic was tolerable and crusing at 60-80 mph was not an effort even during peak hours. I remember my father bringing me to UP at 40mph was no problem and I will be the one embarrassed since we were driving quite slowly then.
Now, things are more different. The streets are more congested even during wee hours and more so during peak hours. Driving at 60-80mph is already magical and mind boggling and thrilling..... Why so? More cars? More populated urban area? Roads not well maintained? Drivers not tolerant and sensitive to cars nearby. Is it population that is causing this or is it the attitude of drivers. Maybe, even population control and control of acquisition of new cars can help resolve the issue of traffic congestion or car pooling. Maybe, planning of construction of roads and repair can be done. I do hope that the traffic in EDSA will be resolved one of these days… Everyone will be happy.

PIPER PRINCESS 3

0 comments: