Thursday, February 14, 2013

NU 12 #5 by Cancer Buster - customer system for queuing

Entrepreneurship
MBAH H04
NU 12 # 5 : queuing system
cancerbuster

Our sight seems to be the most important among the five senses. With it, we can see things, the environment around us and appreciate what God has created for us. So that, both young and old alike patronize the optical shop for better eyesight. However, going to this shop located in the malls is becoming a tall order. Like for example, my daughter and I went to one of the well known optical shop. My daughter went there ahead of me so she can have her eyes refracted. She called up the attention of the sales lady five times already and yet nobody is minding her. When I arrived at the optical shop, I asked immediately if they have a number for clients and they said they have but I realized that number is only for clients who wants to have refraction which my daughter is supposed to be getting. It was only then that the sales lady got her name and gave her a number for the refraction.

A system for taking care of clients should be put in place in these establishments especially when there is a heavy flow of customers like during sale, weekends and holidays. They should have sales ladies assigned to individual needs like to those clients who are just "window shopping", those who are looking for shades, those who want contact lenses, those wanting reading glasses only and those who are for refraction and wanting corrective glasses. In such a way, the flow of customers will be smoother and avoids heavy queuing. 3

0 comments: