Monday, May 7, 2012

NU12 by Andrew Chua – #2 Healthy Drive-Thru Restaurant

NU12 by Andrew Chua – #2 Healthy Drive-Thru Restaurant



                        At work in Ortigas, it was normal for me to go overtime until around 9pm.  During those times, I felt hungry and tired at the same time.  I wanted to buy and eat food the fastest possible way, and then go home immediately.  Therefore the best way to do it was to go to a drive-thru restaurant.  However, most of the food in drive-thru restaurants didn't support my personal goal of eating healthy.  Thus I usually ended up buying sandwiches from nearby stores which still took up around 10 minutes of my time for walking and waiting in line. In order to solve this, I think we should have healthy drive thru restaurant.  And I think others will support it, since there is a global trend in healthy living, including eating healthy.
                        One of the alternatives is to bring my own food from home,   but the food will not be warm anymore and it might not be practical to cook for another meal early in the morning.  Another alternative is to buy from the canteen inside the building or order from the supplier of packed lunches being delivered to the office.  However, both of them are not available in the evening due to lack of demand.  In other places, I've seen jeepney drivers buying food from portable eateries on the sidewalk without leaving their jeepneys. It's like drive-thru on the road, but most of them are not legitimate so we are not sure if they are clean. Among the alternatives, the healthy drive-thru restaurant may be the best option. 4

0 comments: