Sunday, May 27, 2012

Re: Smart Rotating Clothesline (NU12 Paper #6)

Good afternoon, sir,

I'd just like to check if you got my email below, or do I have to repeat this NU12? I sent it Tuesday morning, it hasn't been posted in the NU12 page. Please advise what I should do.

Thanks and Regards,
Risha


On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 11:51 AM, Risha Tobias <risha.tobias@gmail.com> wrote:
Good morning Sir!

Here is my NU12 for this week.

Best Regards,
Risha



SMART ROTATING CLOTHES LINE

I couldn't remember when we last had a helper at home. For more than 10 years,  all of us in the household would have our own chores. My mom was in charge of the laundry  (though bulk still went to the Laundromat). Some were handwashed, some were put into the washing machine. A dryer wasn't used though, we let the clothes hang out to dry at our terrace.

During my few years in Singapore, since most of the people lived in condominiums, and developers didn't provide space for hanging clothes, people had metal rods to hang out of their windows for their clothes to dry. I used the washing machine and hung my clothes to dry.

Either here or Singapore, it was always an issue if it started raining. Especially if everyone was out, and it rained unexpectedly. People would start to panic about the clothes they've hung out to dry. (I couldn't begin to explain how my mom would panic or worry when this happens).

There are clotheslines that come in loops, so that you can pull for them to rotate. But this is done manually. It is not enough to solve the issue of unexpected rain.

The solution for this is a smart rotating clothesline. The clothesline has a sensor that if it senses a certain minimum amount of shower/rainfall, the clothesline will rotate until the clothes hung are gathered at one end where it is shaded. It is required of course that a portion of the clothesline is shaded by roof eaves or any form of shade. An added feature is that if it stops raining, the clothesline rotates back and the clothes can go back to their original positions.

With this, everyone will have his or piece of mind and no longer worry about their laundry.3 <is this an existing equipment in Singapore, or is this entirely new? this will have to be changed if is an existing product.>




--
Risha Carla C. Tobias
Architect
63.917.5288285

1 comments:

RT said...

No sir, in Singapore, they only have plain rods that they just have lean against the window frames. They manually take them out when it starts raining. So it's heavy and bothersome to do.

The Smart clothesline would be very useful for them too.