Monday, November 5, 2012

NU#10- Improvements at AGSB by AGB

NU#10
Improvements at AGSB
Arlene Buan-Gerona
What pisses me off at AGSB? I got an answer to this question last week! For the first time, I got pissed off with the existing policies on the school ID. I was not able to bring my ID in school last time because I left at home, and it was disappointing that a student has to pay 200 bucks for an entry pass. I offered to show a proof that I am indeed a registered student, I showed my enrolment receipt, but the guard insisted that I have to pay 200 pesos for a temporary ID, and yet to my surprise, no available receipt or any temporary ID was issued to me. In short, it was like paying 200 pesos as entrance fee. I hope that school admin would soon find reasonable ways in dealing with such concern. I suggest that the school should implement an electronic ID system, like a finger print scanner ID system, this would be nice because it provides a real identification, this is the most convenient and precise way of checking registered students.
Also, the following are the things that I hope the AGSB admin will improve on:
1.   Canteen: There is a limited selection of food being offered, and I find it quite pricey for its quality. I suggest that they come up wide array of selection; there are students willing to pay for more, provided they serve like a gourmet food, while others would go for budget meals. It would also be nice if they have the place air conditioned. J
2.   I notice that there is only one ATM Machine, I suggest for additional ATM Machines. I remember, there was a time that I had to go out to withdraw because the only ATM machine was off line.
3.   It would also be nice if the school would allow a more flexible payment terms like instalments for tuition fees to accommodate those students who are struggling financially. Also, additional bank cards must be accepted.
4.   It would also be nice if there will be a covered walk or a footbridge connecting AGSB to the mall. This will provide convenience especially during rainy days and the car is parked in the mall. Most of the time, students would prefer to park in the mall especially if they anticipate a late stay in school because the AGSB parking is only until 10pm, I hope the school in the meantime, can extend up to 12 midnight to accommodate such cases.
5.   The car registration fee is only good for 1 sticker per car. I suggest that they issue 2 stickers per student who paid for the car registration, to accommodate a spare car during coding. It would be even best if they offer free parking services for registered students! 3 <AGSB admin taken note

0 comments: