Tuesday, November 6, 2012

NU12 #1: Customer Service by VS

Vian Serranilla
NU12 #1: Customer Service

            Probably my most concerned area when putting up a business is customer service. I have always told myself that when I put up a business the first thing I'll be most concerned about is customer service. How did I come up with such decision? I have always found myself getting irked by poor customer service, when I'm in a restaurant and they get my orders wrong or take too long for my food I always find myself talking to their manager. Don't get me wrong I'm not being arrogant or anything but I've learned, especially with restaurants, that you not only pay for their food but their service as well. I have no qualms if they tell me ahead of time that my order will take a certain amount of time, in fact I applaud them but when I find out they are lying, which I normally do, and when they serve the order of someone who ordered after me, that's when I really get pissed off. So I promise myself my customers will never feel that.

            Having customer feedback is more often expensive and time consuming so I've thought of an easy and fast way of knowing customer feedback. Every time they buy, they will be given a gold coin and they will drop that coin according to their satisfaction, there will be a super happy face, a happy face, a neutral face, a sad face and an angry face. This will also keep the anonymity of my customers and this "box of faces" will be emptied every week and quantified. In that way we get a general feel of how the customers feel.

            Another idea for customer service is that I give my loyal customers their own accounts manager who they can contact for whatever reason and concern. These account managers will also inform them for whatever promos we have and how they can avail of it. These account managers will answer their concern not more than 6 hours from the point when they made their said concern. I will assure loyal customers that they are well taken care of. This however would be an expensive tool for customer service. 3

0 comments: