Saturday, November 10, 2012

Nu12 #10 By Marta Fretheim


Hi Profesor,
Not sure if you received this NU12

BR
Marta Fretheim


NU 10
New spending habits
"Healthy spending's"
I have noticed how the fast food companies are really popular. When people are going out to eat and treat themselves they go to popular fast food branches such as Jollibee, McDonalds, Chow king, KFC etc. The last 10 years the industry has in fact doubled (according to: http://www.ats.agr.gc.ca/ase/5991-eng.htm). Fast food is fat and unhealthy food consisting of little nutrition. I was told that this is really popular when growing up, like a treat. I also used to treat myself with some tasty unhealthy food. But I realized such simple pleasures didn't actually give me anything, in fact it gave me more of a worry than satisfaction.
Junk food for instance does fill up your stomach, but its does not contain a lot of nutrition. The consequences of regularly eating fast food is several, here are the most common; raised blood pressure, increased cholesterol (LDL), reduce digestion, weaken the immune system and unstable blood sugar levels. Fast food and other unhealthy foods make your energy level lower and because of your unstable blood level you will in fact crave more. The immune system weakens, one gets easier sick and starts gaining weight. Some people will then start spending more time/money on working out or even in some extreme cases surgery is necessary. This goes for all over the world.
Realizing this I started focusing more on healthy foods and learned pretty quick that I actually prefer the taste of healthy foods and the feeling I get after a healthy meal. Changing the mindsets and spending habits on more healthy food gives people more energy and a happier and healthier life, which I am sure we all want.  3

0 comments: