Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Fwd: NU 12: What pisses you off in AGSB, what must be done?


Sir,

My NU 12 week 2

Thanks,

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 2:34 AM
Subject: NU 12: What pisses you off in AGSB, what must be done?




WHAT PISSES YOU OFF IN AGSB? WHAT MUST BE DONE?

One of the things that pisses me off is when I need to buy a book, i have to go to the window beside the registrar to get a purchase slip and go down to ground floor to pay at the cashier, then go back again to the 2nd floor to claim my book.< or have a receipt at IMS>
One of my suggestions is have walkalators and escalators in the school.  Either that or transfer the cashier beside the registrar or sell books in the Rex bookstore (the one near the cafeteria). Speaking of books, I suggest that students can opt to buy books on electronic format or e-books.  In that way we don't have to carry around heavy books.<yes!>
This would also be favorable to physically incapacitated students, faculty or employees.

Another thing that pisses me are professors who don't remember what they assigned to their students. I suggest that we should have recorders in every classroom, which will record everything that was discussed in class.  The recorded disussions will then be available for download in podcast format. So the students can also review the lecture.

I also used to lose classcards.  Professors should have a website of the profile of their students, complete with pictures, educational background and professional background.  I don't find it necessary to fill out a class card for every subject.  That's too much waste of paper, effort and pictures.< the learning agreement on line was a move on my part>
In the same website the class president should have an access to prepare the seat plan, attendance monitoring, etc. for the professor.m 4

Also, I hate it that after enrollment we have to get the syllabus from the registrar's office.  It's also a waste of paper. All the syllabus should just be e-mailed to students who enrolled for the subject or be available in blackboard. <this is available at the blog>


--
One can live magnificently in this world if one knows how to work and how to love, to work for the person one loves and to love one's work.  -- Leo Tolstoy




--
One can live magnificently in this world if one knows how to work and how to love, to work for the person one loves and to love one's work.  -- Leo Tolstoy

1 comments:

jorge saguinsin said...

Hi, I forward many of these suggestions and comments to the gsb administration. Perhaps the budget structure and the large university bureaucracy prevents the gsb leadership from acting decisively and quickly on these issues. It is indeed odd that despite having lofty visions and mission statement, great school name, and big tuition, these things happen. Despite my being an adjunct professor only, I apologize. I were the the school president.... but then again, I am just me....