Sunday, April 15, 2012

NU `12 by Kristine Abrugena -New Product (Multi Flavored Cookies in a Pack)

Dear Sir, please see below. Thank you.

ABRUGENA, KRISTINE C.
April 14, 2012

NU12_Week2
Product Development

One afternoon as I was munching a chocolate cookie while doing schoolwork in front of my laptop, I suddenly thought that I wanted an icing or a cream on top of it. Cupcakes are usually the ones which are decorated with colorful icings and cookies are simply the flat ones which are baked with nuts or raisins. Since I am a fan of sweets, I want to come up with a cookie product instead of a cupcake this time that is not too messy to carry around especially during travels. I am thinking of a plain cookie that is sold with various choices of dips or creams.

I am sure that we are all aware of Auntie Anne's pretzels which give us the option to choose among different dips and flavors. It is pretty much similar to the said product but I want to make this cookie more convenient to eat around in the malls, in the cars and even while working. Moreover, this product shall be sold in groceries instead, packaged in a resealable plastic. Since people with sweet tooth often want to have variations, the three cookies packed in a plastic shall come with three flavors as well. This can be chocolate crème, strawberry crème and oatmeal or orange dip.  The creams and dips shall be packaged in separate tubes so it would not clutter when garnished on the plain cookies. I thought of hard cookies instead of cupcakes because it is easier to hold on bare hand and there are fewer crumbs hence it suits well when one is in the work area, in front of the computer or while working on important documents as well as during tours. Further, it is more convenient and more fun for little kids to eat even by themselves. They may also have the option to mix and match the different flavors of creams for each cookie.

I have also noticed that packed cookies being sold today in the grocery stores are packaged per flavor. I have not seen one pack of cookies that carries different flavors, it is always all chocolate or all strawberry or all orange. So, to provide alternatives and to set a better mood in munching even during busy hours, I would want to have a product such as this.   4.0

0 comments: