Tuesday, April 24, 2012

NU12 for April 24, 2012 (KRaval) - Adjustable Shoe

The Adjustable Shoe

Almost every week, I go to the mall and I stumble upon shoe stores and become a victim of un-scheduled shoe shopping. Since I have big feet (at 9 to 9.5), it has always been a challenge to me in purchasing footwear because my shoe size is like an introductory size for men, and I am pretty sure that those in the extreme side of the shoe size problem – those with the 5's – also have a difficult time looking for shoes because it's like they're borderline on the children's footwear section.

Even when I get a shoe size 9 or sometimes 10, it is not always certain that the shoe would fit, because different brands have different "measurements" also for shoe sizes – footwear size is not always as standard as we thought. Sometimes the shoes I buy are loose, sometimes tight.

So perhaps to address this problem that goes for us, I was hoping there would be a special footwear to be released in the market – an adjustable shoe which can fit anyone. For example, a free-size pair of loafers – whether the shoe size is 5 or extreme 10 – that can be adjusted, stretched, or made smaller so that any shoe size can fit. Even adjustable basketball shoes that can be fit according to the player's comfort. The adjusting mechanism for this shoe is to be found in the middle of the shoe or at the arch part of the feet so that the designs at the toe and at the heel parts of the shoe won't be compromised.

Further, the standard price to be put on this adjustable shoe can be better justified because there's just one size of material that is used compared to the "standardized" shoe price whether there is more leather or rubber material used.

How I wish I were a shoemaker so that I would be a pioneer in developing this idea and actually executing it and selling it to the market – I'm sure a lot of people would buy into it.4

0 comments: