Tuesday, April 17, 2012

NU12 by Jem Caraig - What Pisses you off at AGSB cafeteria

Good Day Sir, 

Sending you my NU12 - Week 2 assignment.

Thank you!
Jem

What pisses me off at AGSB? What must be done?

            During enrolment we are obliged to pay a certain amount for other fees such as library energy fee, materials, student activities fee and other miscellaneous fees. I have no complaint with these fees because the facilities provided by the school are great and helpful. However, when a student enters the cafeteria to have a snack before class or during breaks there's not enough food to choose from. That does not piss me off.

            The thing that pisses me off is when I'm trying to work on my assignments or prepare reports in the cafeteria, where I can also have a snack, and is need of a power source to plug my laptop only to find out that I have to pay before I can use a plug. I understand that this is just to prevent students from hanging out in the cafeteria for too long and other students have no place to eat on.  However, do students who need a plug have the right to use the school cafeteria's power outlets?

            I recommend that the school provide free access of the cafeteria's outlets to enrolled students of AGSB as well as Law School students. If the school is concerned with students overstaying in the cafeteria because of this recommendation, then I suggest they put a limited free access of the power outlets. By this, students are only allowed to use power outlet to limited hours only. If the school is concerned with the costs that will be acquired with the power, which I assume will only cost a small amount, then let it be within the other fees of the students upon enrolment. 3

1 comments:

jorge saguinsin said...

At the de la Costa campus, the Starbucks just across the street provides a welcome relief. The cafeteria there is worse. They just sell crackers and close at 5 pm. At Rockwell, it is heaven.

I guess GSB must either make the library, or a room, computer room, a free study area. Great idea.