Tuesday, April 17, 2012

NU 12 by Mary Antonette Viray - Book with Bookstand, AGSB

Good day Sir Jorge!
Here's my NU12 week 1 and NU12 week 2. For the NU2 week1 I did 2 ideas.
Thank you
Tonette Viray
A Book with a bookstand – NU 12 – WEEK 1
Mary Antonette B. Viray
For students, especially law students they have those thick books that
they bring anywhere so that they could read it anytime. When reading
of course you would want to be in a comfortable position. So, instead
of laying the book in the table for long readings and your head
stooping down, you want to use a book stand that could not strain your
neck and you could last for long readings. What I thought is a book
with a bookstand in it. The purpose of this is to bring the bookstand
always and to protect your neck from strain whenever you feel like
reading for long hours.3

What pisses me off in AGSB – NU 12 – WEEK 1
Mary Antonette B. Viray
I'm not fond of credits (utang), but now when I started to study and
chose Ateneo as my Graduate school I always have balances on my credit
card. My schooling now is not supported by my company and it all
comes from my salary and sometimes my parents help me with some of my
finances in school. But I think my credit card had helped me a lot in
pursuing my post graduate studies.

AGSB only accepts the Burgundy Credit Card of BPI and AMEX for foreign
students. AGSB's tuition fee is so high that sometimes young
professional students use their credit to finance their studies. In
my own experience, when I was in my 2nd term, I ran out of credit in
my BPI Card so, I ask the cashier if I could just use another card
unfortunately they don't accept other credit cards aside from the two
that I've mentioned. So I end up enrolling the following day.
Another thing is that the books inside AGSB can't be bought on credit,
they just accept cash. Sometimes, instead of buying in school, I look
for books outside wherein I could use my credit card and sometimes it
is much cheaper. There are times that you badly need the book but the
allowance or the pay day will be in 8 days from now. At least with
credit card you could buy outright when you needed it badly.

A Coffee / Tea House NU12 – WEEK 2
By: Mary Antonette B. Viray
While doing this, I'm here at Starbucks and what I thought of now is
having a Coffee/Tea House wherein the customers aside from reading
magazines and newspaper, they can play board games such as chess,
monopoly, scrabble etc. The store has those board games that its
customers could use. The Coffee house can be near schools. They have
a choice of unlimited coffee or tea which is self-service if they want
to get a refill. Mostly high school or college students would go to
this place to relax after school or in their break time. Flavored
coffee and tea ice cream is also available here. Even yuppies would
enjoy this place because of the hip ambiance and they can relax their
mind after long hours of work. Instead of playing with the computers,
with these you could interact lively to your colleagues or schoolmates
and become play pals and meeting new friends would be fun. These new
generation would be able to experience the old school games which is
for me would be a fun learning experience also. 4

0 comments: