Monday, April 23, 2012

NU 12 No. 3 by Risha Tobias - On Line Live Concert

Good afternoon Sir!

Here is my NU12 paper for the week.

Thanks and Regards,
Risha


ONLINE LIVE CONCERTS

I love music. I currently have around 3,000 songs stored in my laptop and lately, with the number of foreign artist being brought into the country for concerts, I've been going to concerts more frequently. I don't mind spending for it, because I believe that if you truly love something, it's okay to spend for it. And I work hard for that money so it's my right how to enjoy some of it as well (as majority still go to savings and investments).

I also enjoy the concerts being shown on the music channels on television; it's the closest thing so far from being there. But those times are rare, I only get to see a number of concerts broadcasted online a few times a year. Youtube has a number of concerts, but they are dated.

But even with the growing number of concerts being held in the country lately, I still yearn for certain foreign artists to come and do shows.  And at this point, I can't afford to go to other countries just to catch these artists in concert.

So I was thinking, what would be the next best thing? And I was thinking this:

A website could be set up that links with all concert producers throughout the world.  It releases the schedules of all the available concerts – no matter how big or small the artists are in terms of audience. Website-users can "buy tickets" for these shows via credit card or Paypal, but these tickets are just for online streaming "live". The ticket prices could be equal to the cheapest tickets sold for the concert (for example here in Smart Araneta, the cheapest tickets are for the General Admission / Bleacher tickets)

It has several advantages:
1.       There is the thrill of being "there" on the concert like the actual concert goers, and not just watching a rerun of concerts like the videos in youtube.
2.       The website will earn percentage from "ticket sales".
3.       Concert producers will earn more from the concerts they're producing, since they're selling tickets more than the venue can accommodate.
4.       Concert producers will still sell actual tickets for the venues and people will still watch, because it's still the best thing to watch it live, so it's win-win for the producers.
This is assuming that internet service worldwide has enough capacity to allow smooth streaming (Philippine internet service providers would have to improve services). The website should also guarantee there is hardly any lag time between the actual concert and the streaming.

This should be the future of concerts -- the near future, I hope. 4 <the audio of computers must be improved, naka connect so 5.l home theater system?>

1 comments:

RT said...

Yes, a home theater system will be ideal :) I can imagine it na... wow! - Risha