Friday, April 13, 2012

NU 12: Product Improvement by Jem Caraig

Cathleen Jem Caraig
ENTREP – NU12
New Products / Product Improvements
Milk Tea: The Next Level
Since milk tea is a trend nowadays, I was thinking of other ways to enhance the product. As I've noticed from most milk tea products, they don't have food to compliment the drinks. Also, I have been an avid fan of cupcakes lately so I had an idea of combining the two things I currently love and creating a new product or improve since they're both already in the market.

The idea of combining both sweet products into one business venture will be difficult to introduce to the market. However, creating new flavours of milk teas and cupcakes would make them more interesting. Since milk teas originated from Taiwan, why not create delicious cupcakes from Taiwan's famous flavours?

Fa Gao cupcakes is one of the famous Taiwanese cupcakes made from rice flour, yeast and sweetener and baked until it puffs like that of a "putok" bread famous here in the Philippines. Fa Gao means "prosperity cake" in Chinese and it is popularly used during the new year.

Fa Gao cupcakes would definitely bring a boost to the famous milk teas here in the country. I think combining the two products would create a competitive advantage against other milk tea providers. (Why I think, just a seminal idea;  not yet tested?)   3

  

0 comments: