Monday, April 23, 2012

NU 12 by Kristine Abrugena - SS Waste Cans

Good morning Sir!
Below is my nuidea for Week3.
Thank you.
ABRUGENA, KRISTINE C.
April 20, 2012
 
NU12_Week3
What pisses you off at the mall? What do you suggest?
 
I definitely love going to the malls. I would even start with my school works ahead of time so I could have some time to shop and stroll in the mall without having any guilt feelings or worries. Being out in the mall, shoppers are all hyped up and at any instant may feel hunger hence the unending food choices. Behind all the food are leftovers and junk. So, being at times an obsessive compulsive, I always want everything to be neat and in order. Whenever I get something to munch while walking around the mall and once I finished it, I cannot seem to find any trash bin to throw my litter in immediately. I just noticed that there are very few trash bins around the malls and a shopper may have to walk much farther, usually beside the escalators, just to get to the nearest one. And what I hate is the part that I have to keep the litter in my bag or in my pocket first until I see a trash can.
 
What I thought about is a trash can that is more presentable than the usual ones so establishments would not hesitate having one in front of or near their stores. Something stainless and something that can be mounted on the wall or beside their glass doors is what I have in mind. I am picturing something that appears to complement the exterior of the scanner at the entrance of the establishments so it would not look awkward. Maybe it may look like the stainless tissue holders found in the hotel comfort rooms. Even if it is only a trash bin, it has to look good enough. With this, not only is the hassle to the shoppers lessened but also the consequence of littering around the malls. It is always appealing to stroll and shop without eyeing any mess, even the small ones. Moreover, this shall teach the people to be more orderly and disciplined when it comes to cleanliness. 3

0 comments: