Monday, January 28, 2013

NU 12 (3rd) Positive Reenforcement to correct behavior

NEW ATTITUDE on MOTIVATION of PEOPLE, my STAFF
I have been an Administrator at micah  medical clinic  and diagnostic laboratory  for quite a
 number of years and part of my job is to handle people, i mean my staff. Well honestly it is not
as easy as it seems!Twenty five people in my staff, each with different behaviour and personality
is indeed something. Good if  they remain committed and determined to do their job well with no
 complaints from customers. The Clinic's Quality Policy has been focused on customer satisfact-
 ion and achieving the highest management standards.It envisions to be the primary choice as a
 provider of quality medical service. How then is this possible? Who will work for this?
 Obviously and seriously I have always believed that this is a great responsibility of my people,
 my staff. They must be productive and effective but sadly it does not always work that way.
 There are  times they keep on repeating the same mistakes and deficiencies. Hence memos keep
 pouring in, one on one confrontation, suspensions and even monetary form of discipline. Yet all
 these does not seem to be effective. This motivation only results in disappointments and frustra-
 tion.What can be done? What can enhance their performance? If customer satisfaction is a
 primary aim, then employee satisfaction should go in hand.
 A new attitude in motivating people, my staff ? Definitely!  First, I have decided to focus on
 positive reinforcement, a rewards system.Find out what is right, even for small accomplishments
 show appreciation, give rewards. Every opportunity must be taken advantage of. I can start on
 personal appreciative notes, small surprises, a pat on the shoulder, a nod, a thumbs up, a big
 grin, a sincere thank you, a congratulatory  handshake. These gestures doesn't need effort at all.
 Second, recognition of their strengths and not weaknesses, not faults,  therefore a chance to develop
 their talents, to be recognized thereby making them enthusiastic hence inspired and dignified. There is personal fulfillment and affirmation of self worth. This is employee satisfaction! I am strongly
 positive that starting this new year, motivational rewards and finding strengths not faults, will surely
 make a difference in working out  the most valuable asset of this company, my people, my staff.                                              *peaches* 3

0 comments: