Sunday, March 24, 2013

NU12 #2- #4 - Kevin Toledo

NU12 #2 - #4


NU12 #2. New Spending Habits / Routine (revised) – Kevin Toledo
           
Forced Budgeting

Although I am the type of person who buys stuff only out of necessity, I still really find it hard to manage my finances and I end up saving less. I tried to install an expense monitoring application to my tablet but it did not work for me as it still took time to do such recordings and it did not improve my budgeting. So, I thought of a solution to force myself to budget a certain amount of money that will be left to my ATM based account wherein every time I receive my salary, there would be automatic deductions from my ATM account and then transfer those deducted money to other different accounts I would be setting-up. With it, I can allocate certain percentages of my salary into different accounts.  Apparently, this scheme is already existent with BPI Direct Save-Up account. And I will enroll initially 3 accounts to it. Those 3 would be divided into investments, savings, and emergency funds. The remaining money in my ATM will be for my personal expenses and for paying my bills. With this concept, I am forced to budget whatever I have left in my ATM based account, and I believe I can assure myself to have bigger savings. 3



NU12 #3. Professionalism – new work methods, practices (revised) – Kevin Toledo

Scream Room

There would be time at work that you can't help but shout because of stress or someone or something gives you stress. You may get pissed off with someone or with something that could really negatively affect your productivity and performance. We just have to admit that there would be those times that we cannot contain our emotions that we need to release it in the form of shouting. So, I thought of the concept scream room. The scream room is a sound proof room where anyone who enters it could release their pent up emotions by shouting it all out. After shouting it all out in the scream room, the employee should feel a relief and stress levels should have already been lowered. I have always thought of this concept especially whenever I feel like shouting out of stress but I cannot do so because I wouldn't want my colleagues to be disturbed. This idea could really be worthwhile to consider developing as stress levels of employees should be managed.   3                       




NU12 #4. New processes at work, study (revised)  - Kevin M. Toledo

Online Approval System for Overtimes, Official Business Trips and Leaves

It really takes time whenever we apply for our overtimes, Official business trips and leaves. This process in the office is a lengthy procedure of filling-out applications, printing it, having it signed by your General Manager and sending it to HR and logging those to HR document submission logbook. Most of the time, some employees would fail to submit these on time since signature and approval of their GMs are needed. For OTs, it's a must that you submit application forms before cut-off period or else it will not be honored by the HR. So there are also times that employees would miss out submitting these OT applications since GMs would fail to approve and sign the application forms on time whenever GMs are out for business trips. To address this, I propose that approval for such documents must already be made online. There should be a system developed where the employees would just fill-out forms for different purposes and after filling-out those forms, an email reminder would be sent to the GM to check and approve it online. In this case, GMs could approve even if they are out on a business trip via their laptops or blackberry. Further, besides improving the process, it also helps the environment by saving papers. 3.5

0 comments: