Tuesday, March 19, 2013

NU12 #4, New Process at work/study - Camille A. Dela Cruz

Ateneo Innovation and Entrepreneurship "New ideas create more and better new products and services; create more wealth."

ENTREP S20
Mr. Jorge Saguinsin
NU 12 Week 4 - New Process at work/study

Camille A. Dela Cruz
In this particular NU, I will be talking about a new process about studying which is perfect since I did some time to reflect and identify a new studying technique that will aid me during the midterm’s week. It’s definitely difficult to be a student and a professional at the same time. Taking up MBA while working will inevitably invite stress and pressure in a person’s life and the feeling of this pressure and stress increases during the midterm’s and finals’ week. To reduce such feeling, I decided to reflect on what would be the best studying technique to help me remember everything with such an extremely limited time.
The reflection starts with first identifying the kind of person you are and from there everything follows through. It’s much easier to adapt a technique if it’s related to who you are or if it fits your personality or character perfectly. Pushing a technique to a person that doesn’t fit him/her just makes everything harder or complicated. There are three kinds of ways to remember past experiences, lectures, actions and readings - there is the auditory, the visual and the doer. These techniques were learned during Kimberly-Clark’s national sales convention last February 2013. The auditory type of people are those who remember things through hearing, the visual type of people are those who remember things through pictures and different kinds of visuals and finally the doer type of people are those who remember by doing it themselves. From all the types I realized that I was the visual type of person. I remember things, experiences, lectures and readings through picturing those past things in my mind.
When I found out what type I was, I decided to make a reviewer for my Financial Management midterm exam. The reviewer was composed of pictures, tables and charts of important details from my Financial Management class. After making the reviewer, I realized how I found it so easy for me to study. Every time I would want to remember something, I would just try to remember the visuals I did, and true enough I would remember it. Moreover, I became more enthusiastic to study and learn the things I needed to learn in class. It wasn’t dragging or a hassle for me to study and I became more open and surprisingly even enjoyed studying! The key here is to find out the type of person you are so that you can find a technique that best suits you. We part-time students have so much enough in our plate, juggling so many priorities, it’s important that we become strategist and find ways to make our lives easier.  3

0 comments: