Sunday, March 24, 2013

NU12# What pisses you off at the school? - (revised) Nelle Canta


 
"WHAT PISSES YOU OFF AT THE SCHOOL?"
Getting a masteral degree is not just for the title, especially for students like me, who pay for my own tuition.  I enrolled in AGSB even if the tuition is more expensive than the other schools that offer MBA degrees. I know that I would get the value for money since if it's Ateneo, quality education is assured.  Quality education means quality professors. It's disappointing when a professor doesn't actually teach, but he just pulls out his powerpoint slides and just read the content, without explaining it, without giving examples and worse, he doesn't even look at his students while he read the slides. I'm not sure if AGSB has certain guidelines for the professors' teaching outline. If there's none, I think AGSB should come up with a guideline for the professors. I suggest also that there should be a "spy" student who will take a video and report the professor if ever he/she reads the slides only. In this way, there would be an actual proof of the inefficiency of the professor. The proof will help the faculty to improve their teaching. 3.5 <there are standards for teaching and which this office strives hard to achieve>


0 comments: