Tuesday, March 19, 2013

NU12 #5, New products/product improvements - Camille A. Dela Cruz

Ateneo Innovation and Entrepreneurship "New ideas create more and better new products and services; create more wealth."

ENTREP S20
Mr. Jorge Saguinsin
NU 12 Week 5 - New products/product improvements

Camille A. Dela Cruz
I live in an age wherein there is a product available for every need and want. It’s sometimes just crazy that people need so much things or consumer products to use. For example just in the Mac Apple store, there are numerous apps that cater to weird and odd needs of people. However there is one new app that caught my interest at the beginning of the year. The app is called the “Spending” app. The app, I’m sure had different versions made by different companies in the past, but this one is entirely different because it’s so friendly to use and at the same time just fits my need perfectly.
The app’s purpose is to help a person organize his/her finances and more importantly create awareness on the expenses of the person. I believe awareness is the first step to financial freedom. If a person knows what he/she is spending monthly then he/she has the opportunity to address spending problems. Did it ever happen to you wherein you have no knowledge where all your money goes? Or did it happen to you where you look at your wallet and find no money in it and wonder where it all went? Well I guess it happens to everyone. The spending app encourages the user to note down all expenses from the small expenses to the huge ones. Afterwards the app organizes these expenses into categories and creates visuals like graphs and charts for the person to see the summary of expenses easier.
I exactly did what the app required me to do; now I’m so conscious of where most of my money goes. I realized my monthly salary goes to eating out and that is extremely alarming because it neither goes to a long term investment nor to a savings pot to prepare me for my future. After discovering this problem, I started to become wiser on how to manage my finances. I set up three pots where my money will go – investment, savings and daily expenses. This will ensure that the money I work hard for will not go into waste but will give me the financial freedom and independence that will prepare me for my future.
I suggest that everyone download this app, which is free, because it helps anybody who is in trouble with their finances. No one would want to live their lives through credit, loans or monthly pay check. More importantly a find this app very important because it wakes you up and teaches you to never ever live beyond your means. 3

0 comments: