Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Revision NU12 #6 Molina, Jose Paolo - pasa charge

Ateneo Innovation and Entrepreneurship "New ideas create more and better new products and services; create more wealth."

Hi sir, 

You noted on your blog that we can use computers <also> to charge our phones. 

To put my idea in context, I was thinking of our lifestyle as yuppies. We charge our phones at night. in the morning our phone's battery is full. At night when we go out with friends, that's usually when I experience low batteries.

In biking I believe that you could also use this because when my officemates go out to bike, who's to say that not one of them will have a problem with their phone batteries at one point. 

So when that happens I wish that I could just take energy from a friend's phone because there are no computers in bars/restaurants and if every we go out of town camping or on the road biking. I think my idea will really be useful.

I have revised some parts of my idea to put it into context.


Hoping for your consideration


JP
Pasa Charge
Nokia used to be the king of cellphones. They were known for units such as 5110 3210 and other very durable user-friendly phones. These phones last up to 3 days before needing recharging.
Now Samsung has overtaken Nokia with the advent of smartphones. These phones are more advanced because they are capable of doing so many things other than send texts and make calls.
However Smart Phones have a glaring problem for me. Unlike the phones from the early 2000, batteries nowadays last for hours only. My nokia express music phone lasts 2 days before needing recharge. My Samsung Galaxy Note in contrast lasts around 12 hours to 24 hours only.
I don’t like the hassle of running out of battery on important occasions because there might be important calls that can’t get through.
This happens a lot especially when I’m out with friends on parties and my girlfriend tries to call me, there are times that my phone is already empty. This situation could escalate a war because she might think that I’m just hiding what I’m doing. Thus my problem with smart phones. 

You can't really expect that there would be available power outlets on crowded bars or better yet, when you go camping out with friends. There are a lot of places that adventurous people go to that they have only mother nature and friends (who owns phones also).
Now there is a thing called Pasaload where a person passes his prepaid load to another person. I was thinking why is it not possible for this to apply in batteries? If my phone has low battery, all I need is an electric cable that enables power from one cellphone to transfer to another phone. 

Samsung and other manufacturers should address this problem of the battery and I think what I am thinking is an innovative way to help in solving the problem. 
This solves the problem of people using low battery as an excuse because it is easier to borrow electricity from other friend's phone.  (Imagine the happy girlfriends who would no longer have to put up with that excuse J ) 4  <Hi I was just pointing out that there is such a practice device now from computer to cp charger)

0 comments: