Friday, March 22, 2013

NU12 #11 - #12 (revised) - Kevin Toledo

Ateneo Innovation and Entrepreneurship "New ideas create more and better new products and services; create more wealth."

NU12 #11. What pisses you off at AGSB? What must be done? – Kevin Toledo
Limited availability of electric outlets around the campus
Nowadays, most people have many electronic devices with them. Although it is your responsibility to have these items charged, there would really come a time that you would need to find an electric outlet where you could plug-in your device to recharge. In AGSB campus, whenever I needed to charge my mobile phone or laptop, it pisses me off that it is really difficult for me to find electric outlets I can use to recharge my electronic devices. These should be addressed. Adding additional outlets around the campus should be easy and not too costly. In addition to it, perhaps AGSB could provide a charging station inside the campus. The charging station would be for laptops, tablets or mobile phones.
                                           
No Mobile Network Signal at the Library
I do not know if AGSB really intended that there should be no network signal in the library but it really pisses me off that there is none or it could be really difficult to find a spot with signal. I believe that it should be addressed as there maybe times that there is already an emergency call to a mobile phone of someone who is in the library but it would be difficult to contact this person as signal is limited or there is none at all inside the library. Network signal amplifiers can be installed to the library as a solution or AGSB could just host a cell site both for Globe and Smart.     




NU12 #12. Business opportunities you can think of. Just list down. – Kevin Toledo
                                                              
Organic Fast Food Restaurant in DLSU-Taft area – I believe that there should be healthy food option especially for the students. Most of the food establishments in the Taft area are fastfood franchises or unhealthy food such as burgers. I thought of having an organic restaurant which is a fastfood because students have limited time as well in buying food or eating.  


Siomai Stand in GT Tower’s Food Court –  Siomai has gained its popularity here in the Philippines, as this are very affordable. Your 20-25 pesos can buy you a decent tasting 4 pieces of siomais already. I have been working at GT Tower for 2 years already and I have not seen any siomai stand operate in its food court. I believe having one in GT Tower food court is an opportunity as there are a lot of employees like me who is looking forward to have siomai stand which is a good alternative as well id someone is on a tight budget.     


To-Go Coffee & Sandwich Stall in Ayala – Recently, I have been watching “Suits”. It is a TV series about lawyers in New York. Upon watching it, I noticed that buying to-go coffee and sandwiches on a stall in front of the building of the law office is a common scenario. And then I thought off ”why not have a similar concept in Ayala?” Ayala is the busiest business district for corporate people in the Metro Manila. These to-go stalls could be a business opportunity where your market is the corporate people who are in hurry especially in the morning, where most of these people would still consider having breakfast and coffee before they go to work.

0 comments: