Wednesday, March 6, 2013

New spending habits / routine - John Paul "Jaypee" Eugenio



Well, for the past 6 years that I have been working professionally, I must say that I have also spent all my hard earned money at the same time. But I am happy that I was able to buy everything I wanted to have and everything I wanted to give my loved ones plus enjoyed travelling to places on my wish list. However, it had dawned to me a year ago that it’s about time I should not think about the present alone and start looking forward to the future since I am not getting any younger.
 
            Looking at my spending habits, I realized that most of it was spent on my perfume collections, shoes, clothes, and of course gadgets that I tend to replace every year or whenever a new one is available in the market.            Moreover, with the advent of online shopping and group buying discount websites, more were spent last year that perhaps made me bit more than I could chew.
 
            Therefore, for my new spending habits, I will make it a point to distract myself whenever I am about to visit an online shopping website and will instead think of my piggy bank at home. I will only buy the things I need and not just those I want. Will try to sell those things I am no longer using and add that to my current savings. I will save a portion of my earnings first before thinking of spending the same; instead whatever is left from my apportioned savings is the only amount I should spend. This is very different on my way of thinking that whatever is left after spending on all my wants and not just needs is my savings. With this in mind, hopefully I will be able to save for my future family.

0 comments: